I am not going to go into a long drawn out story about this cake, because to be honest some times you just want chocolate, sometimes you just want cake, so I thought why not just combine the two? And while you are at it why not add a Lil’ Dab Of bourbon to this delightful combo. Since we all know how well bourbon and chocolate go hand and hand, they compliment each other perfectly!
I love this recipe for a quick chocolate fix, it’s simple & easy to whip up and be eating within an hour! How can you beat that?
Enjoy and remember to #EatResponsibly
- 1 1/3 C. Cane Sugar
- 2 eggs @room temp slightly beaten
- 1/2 C. Gluten Free All purpose Flour ( or one filled with gluten)
- 1/4 C Cocoa Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 C butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1/8-1/4 Cup Michter's Sour Mash (add in as much or as little as you'd like, I did 1/4 C)
- Cocoa Powder
- Powdered sugar
- Berries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk the sugar & the eggs until the mixture is a pale yellow color
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and salt, fold together until fully mixed together
- Mix in the butter, vanilla and bourbon
- Grease a cake pan with butter and sprinkle cocoa powder to coat.
- Pour i the batter and smooth out ( the batter will be thick)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top of the cake has hardened. The center of the cake will be soft kind of like a brownie.
- Cool then sprinkle with powdered sugar, serve with or with out berries, but definitely with a dram of bourbon!
texture of this cake is the perfect combo between a cake & brownie