Be sure to click here to get the full Thanksgiving Menu
Maple Bourbon Roasted Carrots
- 32 Carrots, (you can use baby ones as well)
- 1/4 C. Bourbon - Wild turkey Rare Breed
- 2 heaping Tbsp. brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine the bourbon, brown sugar, maple syrup and toss with the carrots. Allow the carrots to marinate for up to 2 hours, or overnight if you are preparing the day before.
- Place the carrots on a lined baking sheet (parchment paper or foil) reserving half of the bourbon mixture.
- Season the carrots with salt & pepper
- Roast for about 10 mins, remove from oven, stir them and add the remaining bourbon mixture (you don't want the carrots to dry out, they should be coated)
- Cut up the 4 Tbsp. of butter and add to the carrots.
- Return the carrots to the oven and continue to roast for another 5-7 mins
- plate & garnish