Lil' Dabs Honey Fire BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 Onion Minced
- 4 cloves garlic Minced
- 3/4 Cup Honey Sting Whiskey
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Cups Ketchup
- 1/4 Cup Tomato paste
- 1/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Liquid Smoke Flavoring
- 1/4 Cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Hot Sauce (I used Cholula hot sauce)
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, add the onions & garlic, sauté until translucent & fragrant about 2-3 mins. Drop the heat to med-low & carefully add in the whiskey, simmer for 8-10 mins.
- Stir in the salt, ground pepper, ketchup, tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar & hot pepper sauce. Mix thoroughly
- Bring the heat up to med-high and bring the sauce up to a soft boil for 3-4 mins.
- Reduce the heat back to low and simmers for the next 20 mins.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Once cool you can either strain it if you prefer a smooth sauce or just place in a hermetic glass jar and store up to 3 months.