Deviled eggs have always been family favorite, especially the ones my grandmother made. I know I may be a bit biased, but she made the BEST deviled eggs ever! My Grandmother was raised in South Carolina and deviled eggs happen to be a staple for any southern gathering, even on Sundays when we ate pasta. (I know it may not go with pasta, but we totally made it work!)
Like I said my Grams recipe is amazing, but I of course had to find a way to add “A Lil’ Dab of Bourbon” to them and did so with the accent of candied bacon. These delightful bites are always a party favorite and sure to please any crowd! Deviled eggs are creamy, salty and most importantly delicious! When you are looking for a quick & easy appetizer for your summer gatherings look no further! Use this to surprise and delight your guests with a twist on a southern classic.
Enjoy & Remember to #EatResponsibly
Candied Bacon Deviled Eggs
- 12 eggs, hardboiled & cut in half
- 3 slices Candied Bacon
- 2 Tbsp. Mayo
- 2 tsp. Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 C. Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Chives, chopped (Optional for garnish)
- Salt, pepper & cayenne pepper to taste
- Smoked Paprika to sprinkle the eggs
- For the bacon:
- In a medium bowl add in 1/4 C brown sugar, 1/4 C Bourbon, 3 Tbsp. maple syrup, and black pepper to taste in a small bowl- allow to marinate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Take a baking sheet and cover it with parchment paper or foil and arrange the bacon in a single layer across the sheet. Place another layer of parchment or foil on top of the bacon, then top with another baking sheet. The baking sheet will flatten the bacon as it cooks, so it doesn't curl up on you.
- Place the tray in the center of the oven and bake for 20 minutes. After 20 mins remove the tray from oven and check the bacon. You are looking for the bacon to be golden brown and fairly crispy, place the parchment paper & baking tray back over the bacon and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place bacon slices on cooling rack set over a baking sheet. (once cool, chop the bacon into bite-sized chunks to top the eggs)
- While the bacon is cooking, you want to hard boil your eggs.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add your eggs in carefully and allow to cook for 10 minutes, after the timer goes off allow the eggs to sit in the water for an additional 5 mins.
- In a large bowl, add ice and cold water, remove eggs from the hot water and add to the ice water and allow to stay in there for 5-8 minutes. remove eggs and let dry.
- Peel the eggs, cut in half and remove the yolk into a medium bowl, set egg halves off to side.
- In the bowl with the egg yolks add in the following ingredients, mayo, mustard, chipotle ranch dressing. Salt, pepper & cayenne pepper to taste.
- Fill the egg halves with the deviled mixture, top with the candied bacon, chives and smoked paprika.
- Place eggs in the fridge until ready to serve....