Of course you can’t have Thanksgiving without some pecan pie! And don’t forget to add “A Lil’ Dab of Bourbon”
Be sure to click here to get the full Thanksgiving Menu
- 1 store bought pie crust or homemade
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 C. Woodford Reserve
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups raw pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F).
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, pure maple syrup, bourbon, butter, eggs, sea salt, and vanilla extract. Stir in the raw pecan halves.
- Pour the filling into the prepared unbaked pie shell and place the pie on a large baking sheet (just in case the pie spills over).
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees (F). Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees (F) and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- The pie is completely cooked through when the top is deep golden and filling doesn’t jiggle. Place on a wire rack to cool. Cool completely before serving.
The filling may puff up during baking. If this happens, don’t be alarmed. It will settle as it cools.